July 28, 2010

Meeting Landon

When I woke up in recovery on August 27th, 2009 I was alone. James came in a few minutes later and showed me pictures of the boys on our camera that he had taken through the nursey window. He said my mom was with them, watching them in the nursey! I waited patiently (well, not so patiently) until I heard a little cart being rolled my way, and in comes a precious baby. I met and held Landon first. He is the older twin, and was "Baby A" before he entered the world. I was told that Grayson was being monitored in the "special care" nursey being he had a heart mumor.  They reassumered me that everything was ok, but they just needed to watch him for a few minutes. Stubborn already! I was able to hold Landon in recovery as soon as I could move my toes for the nurse! It was so frusterating trying to get my legs to wake up! What a strange feeling! My mind was trying to move my legs, but nothing was happening. Finally, after about 20 minutes I got a little toe to move! Finally I was able to hold my new baby boy!

No comments: