July 27, 2010

Happy 11 Months, Boys!

I can't believe the twins are 11 months old today. Wow, where has the time gone. In honor of the last month, before we officially can say that we made it through the first year, I am going to (try) to post a special memory each day. The first year is so crazy special with a new baby, and doubly so with twins. It is so hard to believe that in one month, the boys will be one.

Boys, I will never forget the moment that I was wheeled into the OR to have you. It was the most emotional moment of my life. I was so scared when they took me back. Your grammy and daddy were in the room with me until it was time to go. Then I had to say goodbye and went all by myself (and the rest of the 17 person team) that would bring you into the world. When I went into the OR, I had nothing as far as meds, not even an IV, so I literally freaked out at my surroundings. They had to give me something for anxiety before anything. The spinal sucked, but once I was all prepped and laying down, your daddy came in and everything was ok. The next few minutes went by so quickly and then at 12:51pm, I heard a precious little cry and Landon Ervin entered the word. Less than a minute later, Grayson Robert greeted us with another cry. They whisked you both away to get all cleaned up for us. Just like when I had Aidan, your daddy wiped my tears of joy as we watched the nurses take you away. Those will forever be the best moments of my life. Nothing will ever compare to seeing your beautiful faces for the first time! Ahhh......

No comments: