June 10, 2011

The A word

Well it has been a while. I will blame that on the fact that we have recently moved, opened a business, and....oh yeah, have three very busy little boys 4 and under. I have been dying to get back to the good ole blog, but there just have not been enough hours in the day. Now that the twins are approaching their SECOND birthday, I am forcing myself to get back into the groove. The days are so short right now, and life is so busy. I don't want to forget any of these moments with my boys.

As I sit here in a clean house (my inlaws on coming ;), I have 2 sleeping boys upstairs, and one big boy sitting on the couch next to me. Aidan is laying his head in my lap, watching Thomas on netflicks. I sat down about 5 minutes ago to do a little surfing before I see the red lights on the baby monitor start to dance, meaning my quite time has come to an end. After checking my normal sites, foxnews, wral.com, and facebook (keeping it real people), I open my favorites tab, and check out a few blogs. I have had kelly's korner on my favorites list for a couple years. When I visited Kelly's blog today, she is doing one of her SUYL posts and the theme is "Special Needs Families". I first found Kell's blog when she had just given birth to her daugher Harper. I along with thousands of others would sit down on the couch every night and check on sweet Harper's progress. (You can read about Harper's story on Kelly's blog). During that time of my life, Aidan was 2 and I had just found out I was carrying twins. It was around that time that we learned Aidan had a development delay. That is where his journey starts.

I have always used this blog to document our crazy lives as a family of 5. When Landon was diagnosed with Lambdoid Synostosis, I started PrayersforLandon to document Landon's journey. For some reason, I wanted to keep this blog as my happy place. Now that we are on the other side of Landon's surgery (you can read more about that at PrayersforLandon), I want to celebrate his progress. I have also learned the past two years, that I can't tell our story, without telling the whole story.

When Landon got his diagnosis I reached out to friends, found websites, and blogged about everything we were going through. By doing that, we were led to the amazing doctor who fixed our little boy (update coming soon on Landon's progress). I would google for hours on end trying to learn of his rare condition. I found a few, not many, but a few, blogs written by moms who had gone through something similar. It was the most comforting feeling that helped us get through those early months. I wanted to share our story so others could find the comfort that I found by those few moms. I believe I did that, and I want to do it again.

So, for the first time since I started the blog, way back in 2007, I am going to use this blog as a way to share the struggles, joys, hurdles, and amazement of what life is like for a mom (and dad) who's son is on the Autism Spectrum. I hope that anyone who "stops by" will come back, leave a comment, or a link to your blog.

Chat soon!

{And because blog posts without pictures are not as fun....}


No comments: