May 6, 2010

Leaving on a Jet Plane

It is weird to have two blogs. Sometimes I want to post the same thing on both blogs, because it is relevant to both.

Landon's blog is to document his journey. It is for us to look back one day, and remember how hard these days were and how we made it through. It is for other families going through the same thing in the future. I found so much comfort from other blogs about children who were "on the other side" as they call it. I hope that I can bring some peace to families who's journey won't begin for years down the road.

Our family blog is a journal, my baby book for our boys. I can't wait to make it into a book! (Did you know you can do that now?? So exciting!!!).  I want to be sure I record all of our crazy adventures so one day, we can look back and laugh.

"Remember that time that we all flew to Dallas. We had 3 seats for our family of 5, and carried on all of our luggage to avoid the checked baggage fee. What were we thinking?"

It is a true story.

Just so I can tell myself "I told you so", later.

So, I have posted this on both blogs.
James, Aidan, and I all have our own seats. The babies will sit with James and I as "lap babies". I was hoping the flight would not be booked and maybe we could bring a car seat on. No such luck. I checked last night and the flight is totally booked!

I am just going to bring my sense of humor with me. I can only image how the evening will go! (Do they still serve wine on flights?)

Aidan is so excited!! He has been talking about going on the airplane all week!! I have his backpack stuffed full of some new toys, snacks, crayons, stickers, and a DVD player. Hopefully he will be entertained on the 3 hour flight!

We are staying with our friends and can't wait for our reunion! We have a fun weekend planned with all the kids, and it brings tons of joy to what otherwise would be a very stressful trip!

Monday we meet with two of Landon's surgeons, Dr Fearon and Dr Sacco. I am very anxious and nervous, but ready to start preparing for Landon's surgery next month.

Have a great weekend and HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

No comments: